"How many times should I remind you that office is at 8 and not at 9.30 or 10. When will you ever come on time Rahul?" Lead Designer was shouting at top of his voice.
"From tomorrow I will be on time sir! I promise" Rahul muffled under his collar.
"Everyday you say this and I am not taking the same s**t today also."
Damn! thought Rahul. Should he be late even today when he had a meeting for his appraisal after two years of delay? It is not as though he didn't want to be on time. It was all because of his love.... love for sleep in his air conditioned room. Once he snuggles in his bed, even kumbakarnan may loose the sleeping competition by competing with him! It was a habit which he has not been able to come out for the last 20 years.
"I am sorry sir!" he begged.
"No more excuses! I will see a week to check whether you keep up the promise. After that we shall sit for your appraisal", the Lead said and walked away.
"Tomorrow I will be on time, even if the sky falls down" Rahul told himself.
As soon as he stepped out of his office he went to Landmark and bought four alarm clocks to be placed around his bed. He set the alarm at 6 and went to sleep.
Trrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.......
"Yawwwwwwwwn" Rahul searched for his alarms and switched them off. As he turned off the last one he noticed something.
The time was 8 a.m.
"Nooooooooooo" he screamed. What went wrong? he asked himself. Without a minute to waste he dressed and hit the road. Unfortunately his bike punctured on the way, got stuck in traffic for half hour, fought with the auto driver, realized that he forgot his wallet in his house and by the time he reached his desk it was 11! His Lead was there with a look which made him realize instantly that today was not his day!
"I thought of giving you a week Rahul. But you proved that you will never change even if I give you a year. I am completely disappointed with you. This time no appraisal for you. Will see next year." he said and walked away.
Trrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.......
Rahul woke up in complete sweat. What a dream!! he thought. It was 6 o' clock. The alarm went on time.
He leisurely dressed to impress his lead and reached his office at sharp 7.45. He was proud of himself and gave a tap on his back.
As he walked through the entrance the watchman Govind gave him a confused smile.
"I know! Its me on time. Even I am surprised today Govind. So has Lead come in yet?" Rahul asked.
"No sir. No one has come and I don't think anyone will be coming, because your Lead didn't inform anything about working today?"
"Why is that? Are we closed today or something?" Rahul asked.
"Yes sir. We usually don't work on Sunday's right! Isn't that our company policy? Is there any change to it?" Govind inquired.
Rahul just stared at the words uttered!
P.S. Credits goes to Varshaa and Lex. Coz the idea was slightly derived from there latest stories. :) Too much of media law has made me aware of copyright issues!! he he...!! :)
"From tomorrow I will be on time sir! I promise" Rahul muffled under his collar.
"Everyday you say this and I am not taking the same s**t today also."
Damn! thought Rahul. Should he be late even today when he had a meeting for his appraisal after two years of delay? It is not as though he didn't want to be on time. It was all because of his love.... love for sleep in his air conditioned room. Once he snuggles in his bed, even kumbakarnan may loose the sleeping competition by competing with him! It was a habit which he has not been able to come out for the last 20 years.
"I am sorry sir!" he begged.
"No more excuses! I will see a week to check whether you keep up the promise. After that we shall sit for your appraisal", the Lead said and walked away.
"Tomorrow I will be on time, even if the sky falls down" Rahul told himself.
As soon as he stepped out of his office he went to Landmark and bought four alarm clocks to be placed around his bed. He set the alarm at 6 and went to sleep.
Trrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.......
"Yawwwwwwwwn" Rahul searched for his alarms and switched them off. As he turned off the last one he noticed something.
The time was 8 a.m.
"Nooooooooooo" he screamed. What went wrong? he asked himself. Without a minute to waste he dressed and hit the road. Unfortunately his bike punctured on the way, got stuck in traffic for half hour, fought with the auto driver, realized that he forgot his wallet in his house and by the time he reached his desk it was 11! His Lead was there with a look which made him realize instantly that today was not his day!
"I thought of giving you a week Rahul. But you proved that you will never change even if I give you a year. I am completely disappointed with you. This time no appraisal for you. Will see next year." he said and walked away.
Trrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.......
Rahul woke up in complete sweat. What a dream!! he thought. It was 6 o' clock. The alarm went on time.
He leisurely dressed to impress his lead and reached his office at sharp 7.45. He was proud of himself and gave a tap on his back.
As he walked through the entrance the watchman Govind gave him a confused smile.
"I know! Its me on time. Even I am surprised today Govind. So has Lead come in yet?" Rahul asked.
"No sir. No one has come and I don't think anyone will be coming, because your Lead didn't inform anything about working today?"
"Why is that? Are we closed today or something?" Rahul asked.
"Yes sir. We usually don't work on Sunday's right! Isn't that our company policy? Is there any change to it?" Govind inquired.
Rahul just stared at the words uttered!
P.S. Credits goes to Varshaa and Lex. Coz the idea was slightly derived from there latest stories. :) Too much of media law has made me aware of copyright issues!! he he...!! :)
Comments
Post a Comment