Bangalore - a city of dreams! Thousands of people across the country travel to this city in hopes of finding a footprint for a promising future.
With the same hope and aspirations, I – a big girl from a big city – moved to Bangalore. Being a daddy’s girl throughout the first quarter of my life, stepping out of the house was super scary. But I managed to put on a brave face and moved to the city to #StartANewLife.
Even though I was prepared to face what is to come, the fear of the unknown refused to leave my mind. Everything was different. The food, language, culture, the kind of people I met, even my biological clock changed. I missed my friends, my dad, the scorching heat, my bessy beach, and much more. Although I was surrounded by people, I felt lonely.
With some blind courage, I slowly started my journey in this beautiful city. The city did not ignore me. It was open to be explored. It was me who had to open up a little bit and adapt to the new surroundings. The first thing I was open about was the food. Bangalore offers amazing choices for foodies like me. From North Indian, to Chinese, from Italian to roadside shops – the options are numerous. When my tummy started to get filled with tasty sumptuous food, my thoughts also started to open up. I tried to understand the language to ensure that the auto wala is only talking to me and not scolding me. As the people in the city are from across the country, I got a chance to learn not only about Bangalore’s culture but also others. For instance, I learnt that in Kolkatta, the head of the fish is given to the guest or the most important person in the house! It was shocking to me because from where I come, the tail is given to the important person as it has more flesh than the head!
Things started to brighten up. I began to enjoy the garden city more. The beautiful evening, the early morning drizzle, the long roads with pleasant trees on both the sides, the huge malls with the best sales throughout the year made me to unwind and accept the city and enjoy my stay. Though I crib about the movie ticket rates till date, it is not the only thing I get to do here. If I don’t want to spend on movies, I can very well spend on a meal in CafĂ© Noir!
It’s been two years, and my acceptance and love for this city has grown so much that I have started to call this city my second home without any hesitation. It made me realize that doing something new, out of your routine might be scary. But by not doing it, you will be missing out on what life has to offer you!

Comments
Post a Comment