'Oh my god. My stop is coming', I told myself. But I was too far away from him, beyond my reach!
Should I ask him or not? It will take me just a second to ask but what if he takes a lot of time? What if he shouts at me? What if he asks me to wait? What if he goes me unheard? What if... what if... There were so many what if's to be answered but too little time.
My stop was nearing. Now or never. If I don't ask now I will be too guilty to forgive myself. 'Why should he be so far away?’ I cribbed.
As if he heard my voice he turned towards me. I was taken aback for a moment. He slowly walked towards me inching among the crowd as everyone made way for him. Why wouldn't they! When he was close enough, I gained all my courage and blurted it out!
'Two rupees ticket one please' I asked handing a hundred rupee note.
He stared at me for a second. Then slowly tore a ticket and gave me along with the change!
'Uuff...From next time me need to carry change', I reminded myself for the nth time!
Should I ask him or not? It will take me just a second to ask but what if he takes a lot of time? What if he shouts at me? What if he asks me to wait? What if he goes me unheard? What if... what if... There were so many what if's to be answered but too little time.
My stop was nearing. Now or never. If I don't ask now I will be too guilty to forgive myself. 'Why should he be so far away?’ I cribbed.
As if he heard my voice he turned towards me. I was taken aback for a moment. He slowly walked towards me inching among the crowd as everyone made way for him. Why wouldn't they! When he was close enough, I gained all my courage and blurted it out!
'Two rupees ticket one please' I asked handing a hundred rupee note.
He stared at me for a second. Then slowly tore a ticket and gave me along with the change!
'Uuff...From next time me need to carry change', I reminded myself for the nth time!
Comments
Post a Comment