Skip to main content

The year that was!


It's almost the end of 2016. During the start of the year, I did have a list of resolutions. Initially, I did stick to those as well (for the first 30 odd days!). Try new things, meet new people, move out of sis place, dream big, travel more, run a marathon, stay in a company for more than a year, and blog more. So, how did I do? I would say not bad!

Try out new things? Started with a new hobby of DIY gift wrappers for nephew’s birthday and ended it right there!

Move out of sis place? After three years of hogging and comfort at sis place, I did manage to move out of sis place! (yayeeee) (reason to follow! :P)

Dream big? Well, that kind of sucked! Thought it took shape, luck was not in my favor or maybe it was! 

Travel more? This I did achieve a little bit. Went to Bali and a new place in Kerala. Couldn’t do the solo travel which I planned for by birthday though! (reason to follow again!)

Blog more? Yeah, that sucked as well! Too much happened in the personal and professions end that I almost forgot to blog!

Stay in a company for more than year? Come July and I complete three years!! 

Meet new people? Well, this happened and it is kind of the reason for few things that I achieved in my list! It led me to something else which was actually not planned for this year. Yup! I met someone new this year (just one person!) and my life took a new turn . I got married to the guy I met this year! (okay! I didn't meet him in a formal 'Boy meet Girl' manner) Yup! It all happened so fast that I can’t believe that I have been married to him for 100 days now!

So how it all happened? A fellow blogger whom I have been following for almost three years now! As I had to blog more this year, I was trying to follow the blogs that was in my feed all these years and I ended up in his blog, which was dormant for almost a year now. I went through the blog and realized that he was super talented with a minimum of 50 comments for each of his post. His posts made me laugh and hence, I messaged him in January asking him to blog more. Well, long story short, I messaged him in January, met him in March, went for couple of dates (exactly four), got engaged in May, and got married in September. So yeah! This year, I got married to this guy (which was not in my list) who made me laugh even when I didn’t know who he was! And now he makes me smile every single day! (eternal sunshine on face!)

So how has been this year? Amazing! Couldn’t run a marathon! Gained few more pounds… not worried! Will definitely do it in 2017. I have been smiling since the beginning of this year and hope it stays the way it is! (Well! Trying to keep up with the resolutions does have its benefits!) to sum it up… has been a great year and looking forward to more such resolutionsJ 

'O_o'

Comments