Am I a feminist? I don’t know!
Am I ashamed to say that? Maybe!
A couple of my friends are feminist. Or that’s what they
call themselves. I am not sure if I am feminist. Simply because I have always
felt that there are certain things that men are supposed to do and certain
things defined for women. Roles can be changed and exchanged. But that only
spoils the beauty of the output.
That being said, one would wonder why on earth I am doubtful
about my stand. For instance, if I am going to demark the task to be performed
by men and women, I may not fall in the feminist category. Well, feminism
basically stands for equal rights for both the gender! Even though the beauty
of the output depends on which gender performs the task, the right to perform
the task should be given unbiased to the gender, in my opinion. So basically, according
to me, you shouldn’t be denied your right to perform a task based on the gender
even though the quality of the output changes.
That’s when I realized, I might be a feminist. I am writing as
if being a feminist is a bad thing and needs justification to be one. No! That’s
not the reason. All these years, I, as a woman, was not aware of what it is to
be offended by being denied an opportunity just because of the gender. Until
that happened to me, I was not aware what women were fighting for. How can
gender decide what you want to be? How can gender dictate the capability of a
person? That is wrong in so many levels. And it took me all these years to
realize that.
In spite of being the best in what I do, I am denied what I deserve
just because I am woman. How does that make me feel? Weak? Ashamed? Incapable? Vulnerable?
Hateful? Self-denial? I don’t know. But definitely drunk and write a post that
makes no sense to a stranger!
So, am I going to be a feminist? YES!
Why? Because, when an educated women like me can be denied a
basic right in a big corporate, what would happen to women who don’t have this advantage.
Is that going to make me raise voice against everything men
say? NO!
As I said before, I still believe there are things that a man does better and some things a women does better. But I am going to stand for equal opportunity
to both the gender to at least try out before deciding that the other gender
cannot do the task.
I know it makes no sense to you! But it made total sense to
me!!
'O_o'

Comments
Post a Comment