"Guys... Its just a fling!!" I was repeating myself. But they just refused to believe me."Really... When was the last time you saw him?" asked one.
"Yesterday evening" I said.
"When you spoke to him?" asked another.
"Just before meeting you people" I said.
After that, there was a string of questions such as what the last gift he gave you, what you got him, where all have you gone, and on and on. And the replies I gave them, just added more feed to their imagination.
"Will you all just stop it?" I gave up finally.
"There is nothing going on between us. We are just hanging around and that's just because we like to spend time with each other. Nothing else! I have been in a relationship once, and that had me realize I can never handle a guy in close vicinity for too long. So, I am repeating again and for the last time, there is nothing between him and me, and we both are also pretty clear on this. So be you all!" And I stared at them for their reaction.
"LOL... your nose just turned red!" said one and the entire gang started laughing as if they didn't hear what I just said.
Now, I completely flushed red with anger. One of them noticed it and hushed the others.
"Fine... we believe you. There is nothing between you two. Happy??" she asked.
"Hmmm.. okies" I said and checked my watch.
"OMG! It's late. I have to leave." I started leaving.
"Why? It's just eight!" the other one asked.
"Have some office work. Need to send it across first thing in the morning. So catch you guys later" I waved bye at them, as I pushed opened the door.
I crash landed my backpack on my bike and frantically searched for my mobile. The minute I found it, it rang with a name flashing on the screen, which made me smile.
"Where are you?" he asked.
"I am just starting from here. You?"
"On my way. Will be there in fifteen" he said
"Okies. See you soon" I said and cut my call
I started my bike and rode towards the usual spot where I met him. As I would take hardly five minutes to reach there, I was riding slowly. A remix of Paramore's "The Only Exception" by Glee was playing in the background from my ipod (I really wish that this part of the story was real :P)
"So, is it just a fling?" I asked myself.
"Yes it is" and I replied back.
But deep down I was doubtful. I know him for the past six or seven months and he has unconsciously helped me to come out of a bad break up I had. He said he understood how I felt, since he was also ditched by a girl after a steady relationship of three years. It was on the day of her marriage we confided and comforted each other. He became a pixie to me, even when it came to appearance sake. From then on, what started as friendly talks, became flirtatious outings, pissing off fights, late night calls, spinning yarn stories, pulling each others leg and so on. Good morning messages started tagging 'miss u' text as well. We exchanged gifts and when in trouble, became the first person to be contacted for each other.
All this made me smile, happy, and helped me pass away the gloomy days, which was nagging at the back of my head. One day, I realized that we no longer comforted each other of our old stories but were almost talking about a future that we would have with each other. And finally he popped the question! Not the marriage one though... but something closer to that.
"I am sure we are no longer just friends. I know it started as a nothing or just crush between us... But I think it has become serious and I would like to carry it forward. What do you think?"
That's when it struck me hard in the head, "Is it just a fling or as he said has it become something serious?"
"Yes, it is a fling. It should be." I replied again.
I cant get into another relationship. At least not this fast :P. Even if something happens between us, and if I open this chapter to my dad, I am pretty sure what he will say:
"Last month it was someone else, today it's him, can I expect someone else next time"
Gosh! I can never take that reaction from him. Also, after I cam out of the relationship, I thought maintaining men in my life was pretty hard. There is a general belief that women come with a maintenance tag. But trust me, even men carry that tag and most of the times, they are same as that of women. So, I would never be able to manage those tags again. Another thing is the 'belief or faith' in men. I am not saying men cheat. But the one with which I had a relationship was cheating on me. So, trusting another man in life is the biggest question mark I am facing right now.
With all these thoughts in mind I came to our spot. And in less than a minute he reached in his bike with crooked looks and blinking eyes... And I could still hear "You are the only exception" in the background!
'O_o'
Lovely :)
ReplyDeletethank ku :)
Deleteawww.... missed to read this earlier! :) awww...awww...awww... :D
ReplyDeleteonly exception heh? lovely babes ;)