‘Why don’t you ever come with me to the temple?’ she asked as she prepared the pooja bowl.
‘Why do you go to temple?’ he replied without taking his eyes off his laptop.
‘Duh! To pray’
‘Then why do you have His idol in the pooja room?’
She turned to him. ‘That’s different. Visiting temple is like visiting His place to worship. And it will bring good spirits to you. Also today is your birthday. Won’t it be nice of you to get his blessings from His place?’ she asked trying to make him come with her.
He smiled and said, ‘Well, I got blessings from my parents through phone! Does He have a phone number??’
‘Aarrgh… No use in talking to you. No temple, no poojas, no homams hmpf… Happy that you at least accepted to have traditional marriage with a priest and agni!’ she cribbed.
He closed his laptop and walked towards her, ‘Ha ha.. I am not against all the religious and cultural practices Dheepa. Even I appreciate some of them.’
‘Really!! Which one is that?’
‘Circumcision…’ he said with a wink, grabbing her close.
‘Huh!! Of all the practices you choose to respect that?? May I know why?’ she asked trying to release his grip.
‘Because.... Women can easily grab anything that comes with 20% off!’ he whispered in her ears.
She knew there was going to be no temple or pooja today.
'O_o'
Awesome!!!
ReplyDeletethe second last line especially :)
Thanks.. Its actually a real life statement I heard.. :)
ReplyDelete